“[I] need a blue sky holiday… …”
I’m just going to be honest that I had a pretty bad day today.
(Like who am I really talking to)
My grumpy meter is at max. point because several incidents came up today that made me pretty negative about things in life.
- I screwed 0900 final quiz so badly.
- We lost one precious clip for our video.
- I had a really long and draggy lecture today.
- & that irritated me a lot.
- The rain was pathetically sad.
( You know, the kind that’s wet but humid? it’s like showering with a faulty shower head.)
But then, I got sick of being sad and decided to save myself from depression!
It took me a lot of mental power and positive thinking.
I also realised that it’s pretty stupid to be sad about such issues when there are so many people out there upset about
not having enough to eat/drink and a place to call home. (really.)
1. I figured that this could be my wake up call.
2. I did some reflection and accepted the fact that I had been distracted & so it’s my fault.
3. It really isn’t the end of the world even though it sucks that everyone else did so much better.
4. I should look forward and learn my lessons.
5. I will get some sleep and start afresh tomorrow.
6. Even though i’m still a little scared inside, I know that if I do my best for the remaining assignments,
I’ll have no regrets, regardless of the grades.
7. AC truffles, hugs, & a shoulder to lean on.
J went down to chinatown to help us collect our films today and there are only a few that I like. The ones i took with my gfs became non-existent probably because of bad lighting and all. Oh wells.
But here’s one.
“Our hearts of stone become hearts of flesh when we learn where the outcast weeps.” -Brennan Manning, Abba’s Child: The Cry Of The Heart For Intimate Belonging.
Thus, i’m no longer frowning. Just really, really tired.
“So I’ll quiet down the devil, I’m gonna knock him with a shovel, and I’ll bury all my troubles underneath the rubble.”